Closing Date: 28/05/2017
SSBC INNOVATIONS FUND
£50,000 per year
Small Steps Big Changes (SSBC) is a programme designed to support parents, families and local services in Bulwell, Aspley, St Ann’s and Arboretum to improve child development outcomes and give every child the best start in life. Working with our partners we offer activities for every 0-3-year-old child living within our four wards.
In partnership with Nottinghamshire Community Foundation we are now seeking applications to Round 2 of our Innovations Fund.
What is the SSBC Innovations Fund?
The Innovations Fund offers a great opportunity for local parents, local community groups and local organisations to pilot and test new ideas for service development and delivery and evaluate new initiatives designed to help us achieve our programme outcomes.
What can it be used for?
We are looking for innovative and creative proposals that will help us achieve our goals. We are open to new ideas and new approaches The Fund should encourage local innovation and engagement in the design and delivery of activities that will help local children to:
- Eat well and be healthy
- Talk and communicate effectively
- Be confident and friendly and understand their own and their peers’ emotions and behaviour.
The Fund can also be used to support our commitment to make sure parents and families have an equal voice in decision making for the SSBC programme.
Who can apply?
The Innovations Fund is open to:
- Local VCS organisations and groups
- New and emerging groups – provided they meet our basic quality assurance checks.
- Any other groups or teams prepared to work in partnership with SSBC – but only where proposed activity adds value to and enhances the programme and does not replace or replicate already funded provision.
How much is available?
The total fund is £50,000 per year.
We will offer individual awards between £1,000 and £5,000.
Closing date for applications is 28th May 2017
What are the rules?
Organisations and groups wishing to apply will need to complete a short application form. Applications for new initiatives that meet the following requirements are welcome:
- Activities must be geographically located within at least one of the SSBC wards – Bulwell, Aspley, St Ann’s and Arboretum
- Activities must be restricted to children and/or expectant parents resident in an SSBC ward
- Eligible children will be aged from 0 to 3
- Activities must contribute to at least one of the SSBC outcomes or be focused on increasing the engagement of local people in the SSBC Programme
- Activities must not duplicate current commissioned services
- Activities must not duplicate current agreed Programme activity
- Activities must be able to incorporate evaluation
- Your planned approach should align to the SSBC brand and values.
If you are successful, you will be required to attend a project design day on 3rd July 2017. You’ll be assigned a named advisor from the SSBC team and they will work with you to agree how to record the impact of the planned activities so that together we understand and implement what makes a difference for local children.
For more information please contact us on 01623 620202 or email email@example.com
To apply to the Small Steps Big Changes Innovations Fund please click here.