Closing Date: 29/10/2018
Nottinghamshire Community Foundation are working with UK Community Foundations to deliver the Tampon Tax Community Fund in Nottinghamshire.
The Tampon Tax Fund allocates funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls. We will be awarding grants of £5,000 – £10,000 to charities and community groups delivering projects that support women and girls to build skills and confidence, improve their health and wellbeing, and build social networks.
This programme aims to fund small-scale interventions, which will make a considerable difference to the lives and happiness of women and girls by raising the aspirations of girls and women and combating the influences that affect their confidence. Grants are available of between £5,000 and £10,000 for a duration of up to 12 months to Nottinghamshire based organisations with a local or community reach and must meet one or more of the Tampon Tax Community Fund objectives:-
- Building skills and confidence, for example, supporting women and girls to learn new skills, giving them the ability to apply for new jobs and/or return to the workplace.
- Improving health and well-being, for example, teaching women how to look after and improve their own mental or physical health and live in good health for longer.
- Building social networks, for example, connecting women to others they can share similar experiences with, supporting them to feel less lonely, more valued, more able to pass on that support.
This fund is open for applications from:
- Registered UK charities
- Constituted Community groups
- Companies Limited by Guarantee with charitable aims
- Community Interest Companies
- Co-operatives – registered Community Benefit Societies and registered Industrial and Provident Societies
- Credit Unions
- Social Enterprises
Priority will be given to women and girl organisations, we define these as:
- An organisation that has been established by women or girls and/or is led and staffed by women and girls
- An organisation that has been established with the key aim of working with women and girls only
- The majority of beneficiaries served by the organisation are, and will continue to be, women and girls, and the majority of the services will reflect this.
- Grassroots organisations offering localised support.
- Organisations working with beneficiaries with multiple disadvantages.
- User led organisations that have a clear understanding of the needs they are supporting.
- Sustainable projects that provide long-term solutions to the people they are helping.
What we will fund:
- Volunteer expenses: Budget for training, travel, telephone calls, travel and meals.
- Activity costs: Budget for resources to facilitate a project/activity; costs that fall outside capital, volunteer or staffing costs, e.g. event catering, volunteer costs
- Project staff / sessional staff costs: Budget for external consultants and staff that are employed for the specific project/activity that is being funded, including the cost of permanent staff to deliver specific projects.
This fund is not open for applications from:
- Groups in receipt of Tampon Tax funding from another funder for the same project, unless it can be clearly demonstrated that this programme is funding different activity
- Statutory organisations, including schools
- Individuals or Individual Sponsorship
What we won’t fund:
- Use for activities of a party political or exclusively religious nature
- Paid for marketing and advertising
- Purchases of capital equipment
- Costs reimbursed or to be reimbursed by funding from other public authorities or from the private sector
- Interest payments (including service charge payments for finance leases)
- Statutory fines, criminal fines, or penalties
- Trips abroad
Amounts available and rounds
The Tampon Tax Community Fund will provide funding of between £5,000 and £10,000 for each project.
The fund will open for applications on 17th September 2018 and close on 29th October 2018.
The grants panel will make decisions on applications in November and release funds for in December 2018.
For more information please contact us on 01623 620202 or email email@example.com.