Miner2Major Community Grants Scheme
Description: Miner2Major is a five-year Landscape Partnership scheme (2019-2023), supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund. The grants scheme is for groups and organisations to deliver activities that celebrate and conserve the diverse wildlife, important habitats and rich heritage of Sherwood Forest and it’s communities.
Type: Project Costs
Maximum: £2,000 no lower limit
Notes: Apply before deadline - see table with round dates. Current cut off date is 16/09/2022
Miner2Major is a five-year Landscape Partnership scheme (2019-2023), supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
You can find out more about Miner2Major by visiting their website:- www.miner2major.org.uk
The grants scheme is for groups and organisations to deliver activities that celebrate and conserve the diverse wildlife, important habitats and rich heritage of Sherwood Forest and it’s communities.
If you have a project that you are excited about and wish to discuss it with us first, then please contact Miner2Major on:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grants are available up to a value of £2,000, with no lower limit
- It would be preferable if you can evidence match funding (other cash funding, volunteer contributions, in kind contributions)
- All projects must reflect at least one of the following outcomes:
1) A wider range of people are involved within heritage
2) Heritage is identified and better explained
3) People have developed skills
4) People have greater wellbeing
- Projects should be completed within one year of funds being awarded
- Projects must be completed no later than September 2023
- The grants scheme is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations including Social Enterprises and CICs limited by guarantee in England.
- National organisations with local branches (with their own management committee and bank account) can apply.
- New organisations that can demonstrate they are financially robust can apply.
What we will fund
- Projects that take place within the Miner2Major Landscape Partnership area (see full criteria for map).
- We will consider projects that take place outside of the Landscape Partnership area, but that are clearly related to it.
- Projects that are for public benefit and not for private gain.
- Projects that take account of relevant law and other statutory requirements.
What we won’t fund
- Existing staff posts or organisational costs.
- Repairs to your own home.
- Legal and/or statutory responsibilities.
- Promoting the causes or beliefs of political or faith organisations.
- Recoverable VAT.
- Costs for any activity that has taken place before a grant is awarded.
The fund is curently CLOSED.
There will be 6 quarterly rounds based on the following cut of dates for applications:
|Round||Applications can occur between||Application start date||Application cut-off date|
|1||July – September 2021||01 July 2021||30-September 2021|
|2||October – December 2021||01 October 2021||17- December 2021|
|3||January – March 2022||01 January 2022||18-March 2022|
|4||April – June 2022||01 April 2022||17-June 2022|
|5||July – September 2022||01 September 2022||16-September 2022|
|6||October – December 2022||01 October 2022||16-December 2022|
For full fund criteria and guidance for applicants click here