Have Your Say – our Feedback and Complaints Policy
Comments, suggestions, compliments and complaints
Nottinghamshire Community Foundation welcomes feedback, both positive and negative on the services it provides. These comments are regarded as a useful tool to enable us to review and improve the service we provide. Included below is the information you need to make a complaint or provide feedback.
In addition to complaints, Nottinghamshire Community Foundation wants to hear positive comments you may have. We would like to know about any particularly significant, positive experiences you have had as a result of being involved with the NCF as a panel member, local stakeholder, grant recipient or beneficiary of a project or activity funded.
Telling us your positive stories will enable other communities to benefit from any ideas or approaches that have been particularly successful.
Please share your positive experiences using the feedback form below.
Formal Complaints Policy
Nottinghamshire Community Foundation is committed to providing a great service to everyone we deal with. While we hope that you will never have the need to make an official complaint, sometimes things do go wrong and when this happens, we want to deal with the problem fairly and promptly. This will help us do better in the future.
The complaints procedure is not a grant appeals process.
- We treat all complaints seriously
- You will be treated with courtesy and fairness at all times
- We will treat your complaint in confidence and manage data in line with GDPR requirements
- We will deal with your complaint promptly
- We will send you a considered reply as soon as possible. If the complaint is complicated, it may take us more time to respond
Ways to make a formal complaint
- Fill in our feedback form below or send a letter of complaint
- Write to the Chief Executive. Write to the Chairman if the complaint concerns the Chief Executive
- Email us
Please note, if you wish to submit a complaint, but cannot do so by letter, email or through the website: please get in touch through our feedback form or ask someone to get in touch on your behalf, and we will make reasonable adjustments to record your complaint and act accordingly.
Complaints or feedback can be sent to
Nina Dauban, Chief Executive, Nottinghamshire Community Foundation, Pine House B, Ransom Wood Business Park, Southwell Road West, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG21 0HJ
Confidential: Paddy Tipping, Chairman of the Board, c/o Nottinghamshire Community Foundation, Pine House B, Ransom Wood Business Park, Southwell Road West, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG21 0HJ
When writing a letter of complaint, please make sure that your complaint includes the following information. We may contact you for further information.
- Your name and contact details, which we will manage in line with GDPR legislation
- A clear description of your complaint or feedback
- Member(s) of staff, or governing committee involved
- What happened, when, and is it still happening?
- What action you would like us to take
- Please mark complaints clearly, so we can make sure it is seen by the right person
What Happens Next
Once you have made a formal complaint you will receive an acknowledgment within five working days, telling you who is dealing with the complaint and when a full response can be expected. We will fully investigate your complaint and hopefully respond within ten days. If the complaint is complex, or requires legal or third-party involvement, we are committed to keeping you informed of the new timeline. We will keep your complaint on file to enable us to monitor the number of complaints we get and establish any patterns.
Right to Appeal
If you are still dissatisfied, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the Chairman of the Foundation. Please make sure that you include all the details of your previous complaint, and the reasons for your dissatisfaction.
You should receive a final response within ten working days, where possible.
Complaint against the Chief Executive
If your complaint is against the Chief Executive, you should refer your complaint to the Chairman of the Foundation, marked ‘Confidential’ to the address above. The complaint will then be handled within the same timescales and the matter dealt with by the Chairman.